Lately, I have been in a very negative state of mind. Much of it has to do with the stress I have been under. And I apologize for projecting outward. I want to thank everyone who has been supportive by posting to the blog, emailing, calling, and sending warm thoughts through the U.S. Postal Service. I feel very uplifted by the encouragement that’s been offered and by those of you who have lent a listening ear. I am very blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life.
Today, along with the nurse from the home health agency, I helped to train a new aide for Zane. I love her! She and Zane had an instant rapport. While Zane loves people in general, he only really warms up to those who take the time to make a connection with him. She did! So something seemingly bad—an aid not showing up on Monday—led to something positive—an aid who really has connected with our little guy.
Christmas 2025
9 months ago
good to hear about the good helper. I once asked one such good helper taking care of a special child requiring round the clock suctioning: "You look tired, is it tough? she replied. "you must have love. then can manage."
ReplyDelete