“Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home.”

♥♥♥

♥♥♥

Monday, April 19, 2010

Infection

Zane woke up with a fever of 102 degrees, so I made an appointment with the pediatrician. She took a urine sample and ordered blood work. Zane’s misery was made worse by the insertion of the catheter and by the pokes for the blood test. This afternoon, the pediatrician called and told us that Zane has a serious bacterial infection. Unfortunately, we will not know what type until the cultures have grown. However, she instructed me to bring him in late today for a shot of antibiotics. I have never seen our little guy this sick before. I am trying to keep my anxiety at bay, but it is not working. Please say prayers for a “benign” infection and a swift recovery.

Thanks.

3 comments:

  1. Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers and sending big hugs. I really hope the antibiotics do the trick.
    XO
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope the little guy fights the infection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan,
    Sorry to hear Zane is so sick. Hope the antibiotics help and he is feeling better soon. Prayers going out for you all.

    ReplyDelete


Followers

About Me

My photo
Susan is a YA and Adult contemporary novelist, as well as an advocate for social change. Her essays have been published both nationally and regionally, including a brief stint in The Daily Beast. She lives in the Southwest with her family.