I am speechless today. Back in December, we enlisted the help of an outside person to schedule Zane’s appointments for Children’s Hospital since it is a laborious and fruitless task to attempt it myself. I tried once before and failed--not due to any incompetency on my part, but because offices and clinics seem less willing to work with parents than with fellow professionals.
As many of you may recall, Zane went to Children’s in November and needed to return for follow up. He was supposed to have the following appointments:
• Anesthesia consultation
• ENT appointment
• DMSA scan of his kidneys (under sedation)
• ABR (under sedation)
• Dental cleaning (under sedation)
• Surgery consultation for his ptosis
Jeff and I have been waiting to hear of the appointment times. We had indicated the end of March (after the Destination ImagiNation tournament ends) or the beginning of April as a range of time that would work for us. We hadn’t heard anything, so I contacted the outside party. She had gone to the Complex Scheduler at The Children’s Hospital for assistance despite the fact that complex scheduling specifically lists on its webpage that they do not schedule most of the above-listed appointments.
Bottom line: no one scheduled anything. Zane has no appointments. Zippo. Zero. None. Someone did not do her job. And who is the victim? Zane.
The sad part is that when we were last in Denver, the urologist said Zane’s scan needed to take place no later than then end of March or beginning of April. And now, here we are.
This leads me to one conclusion: If you want it done, you have to do it yourself.
At this point, I don’t know what is going to happen with Zane, his kidney health, and his appointments. Denver is at least seven hours away. It’s not a simple drive down the road. This mistake has started a whole chain of events that I simply do not know how to handle.
Now that I finished my rant, I am once again back to being speechless.
Christmas 2025
6 months ago
So very unfortunate that when you put your trust in a professional and that trust is shattered...just when you try to let go of some of the responsibility. And as you say it is Zane who suffers for it. It does leave one speechless for sure! I pray that somehow you are able to get him appts very soon!!
ReplyDeleteJust found your blog! I will be praying that God grants you peace at the time that you need it and the endurance and mommy power when you need it too.
ReplyDelete