“Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home.”

♥♥♥

♥♥♥

Monday, March 10, 2014

Welcome Spring...and Pink Eye


Zane was scheduled to have surgery tomorrow morning. I canceled it. He’s going into his third week of illness, which started with a fever and cold-like symptoms. On Friday, it seemed as though things were improving for him, but then he took a turn for the worse over the weekend: goopy eyes, a cough, and lethargy. And, as many of you may already know, an increase in his seizures, since sickness lowers that threshold.

Diagnosis: Secondary infections: Sinus and conjunctivitis (aka, pink eye). I suspected the pink eye, but didn’t think sinus infection under my persona as Medical Mom. Sometimes I seriously feel as though I should wear a superhero costume with two Ms printed on the front.


I’m picking up Zane’s antibiotic and eye drops later today, and Zane should be well on the road to recovery. A couple days and we may actually be able to get out and do some bike riding in this beautiful weather! Plus, it’s baseball season, and Zane’s older brother made it into the Minors. Super exciting. I’d like to get Zane out to the field, too.

1 comment:

  1. I hope Zane is doing better today. You, your family, and especially Zane need a break!

    ReplyDelete


Followers

About Me

My photo
Susan is a YA and Adult contemporary novelist, as well as an advocate for social change. Her essays have been published both nationally and regionally, including a brief stint in The Daily Beast. She lives in the Southwest with her family.