“Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home.”

♥♥♥

♥♥♥

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Morning Update

Zane had a good night last night. His oxygen saturation levels stayed in the upper 90s. The nurse alternated between an oral dose of Tylenol and IV pain medication. Zane did not need narcotics through the night. However--according to his anesthesiologist--Zane no longer has an issue with morphine or other narcotics. Back in 2007, he apparently experienced obstructive apnea from suppressed respiration after given morphine--something that is no longer an issue for him. Four years ago, he had episodes of central apnea, as well, which probably contributed to his desatting.

This morning the nurse pulled his catheter, and the doctor should be by the see him later this morning. I am incredibly impressed by Zane's urologist and with our experience at Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children. I am most impressed by our little guy who has been such an incredible trooper given everything he goes through.

Naturally, we are relieved that Zane no longer has to worry about airway obstruction during anesthesia, and we are so happy he has done so well through and after the surgery.

Thanks to everyone who offered words of encouragement and support here on the blog, on Facebook, and through phone calls & text messages.

2 comments:

  1. Phew! So glad things went well! Now YOU can breathe! Hugs from France!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to read of this great news. I'll bet Zane is teaching all of them a thing or two about trisomy 18. I hope that you are home safe and sound soon.

    ReplyDelete


Followers

About Me

My photo
Susan is a YA and Adult contemporary novelist, as well as an advocate for social change. Her essays have been published both nationally and regionally, including a brief stint in The Daily Beast. She lives in the Southwest with her family.