“Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home.”

♥♥♥

♥♥♥

Friday, September 20, 2013

Artsy Zane

It’s been a hard year in many ways. In all honesty, life has not been too kind to me (or to Zane) lately. In fact, I had a minor breakdown on Facebook this morning after another piece of bad news came my way. Thankfully, my beautiful friends came to the rescue and delivered pep talks and warm cyber hugs. Thanks to all of you. You all make me very teary--in a good way. 

That said, I decided that despite all the negative things being pushed at me in 2013, I am going to rally (much like Zane does through the hard times) and attempt to stay positive.

So here is my happy post to lead us all into the weekend: Artsy pictures of my beautiful youngest, Zane. (I’d post artsy pictures of my oldest, too, but the no blog and Facebook picture rule is still very much in effect).


Enjoy!

Justin snapped a picture of Zane, then played around with photo editing software to doctor the pic.


Justin and I drew our own versions of Zane.

One of Zane's fellow first graders drew this one for him. I absolutely love the likeness, the happiness, and the acceptance. 

Just adding these to the blog makes me feel happier! I love my boys.

3 comments:

  1. Susan,
    I think both you and Justin are budding artists.
    I just read about the g.i. visit, it sounds very positive. We had a g.i. dr. like that when Morgan was small. She was great, unfortunately we lost her to the Mayo Clinic.

    I hope Justin gets over his shyness and lets you post some pics of him. He is growing up so fast and getting more handsome by the day. Maybe that is what he doesn't like, hearing old ladies call him handsome, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( I agree, this year has not been a good one - even for us. Just remember you are such an inspiration to me and to many others and especially to your special little miracle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww sorry you were having a tough time the other day--hope you day today is better---love all the pics :)

    ReplyDelete


Followers

About Me

My photo
Susan is a YA and Adult contemporary novelist, as well as an advocate for social change. Her essays have been published both nationally and regionally, including a brief stint in The Daily Beast. She lives in the Southwest with her family.