The last few days have been rough for Zane. The adjustment
to his seizure meds has done a real number on him. Since Thursday, he’s mostly
slept. When he’s awake, he is irritable, crying, and fussy. And when he gets
this way, he doesn’t want to be moved or touched. There have only been a couple
of occasions where he’s attempted to smile and be cheerful, but they’ve been pretty
short-lived.
The neurologist said he’d experience more lethargy and side
effects for four days or so after the medication change. But it doesn’t look
like this new behavior is going to go away any time soon. She told me she could
prescribe vitamin B6 if he has increased side effects, so I’ll call her when
the office opens tomorrow to see about that.
To top it off, it appears he’s getting a cold.
The boy is absolutely miserable. And it breaks my heart to
see him this way. My plan is to keep him out of school tomorrow and let him
rest.
I want my happy Zane back. There are places to go, things to
do. He can’t do any of them if he’s not feeling well.
Hey Susan,
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear Zane is out of sorts. We don't use it, but I have heard that B6 can help with side effects from certain seizure meds. Hopefully, that is all he needs to feel better. If he is catching a cold, well, that just sucks, but unfortunately it is a fact of life this time of year. I know you know how to care for him like he needs so he will soon be feeling better.
Hang tough, Mom!!!!
love,
Holly
Oh poor Zane! I'm so sorry to hear he's having such a rough time!
ReplyDeleteawww hoping and praying you get your happy zane back really soon <3
ReplyDelete