Life just became busier (if that’s even possible). I’m
extending my business—branching out, if you will—to encompass varied aspects of
the writing and publishing industry. Hopefully this means positive things are
ahead. And, after months of searching, I finally found a job outside the home. With
all that, Zane’s schedule is also rapidly filling. And Justin and his
brilliance always keep me on my toes. Therefore, blogging will slide down the
priority list for me, so I may not update Zane’s blog as often as I like or as much
as I should.
T hat’s a long time for me (and I have more patience than
almost anyone I know) and way too long for Zane. However, he was a real sport.
He’s an absolute rock star when it comes to handling just about anything. But,
in the end, the wait was worth it and the appointment was productive. Bottom
line: Zane has a lot of appointments
on the horizon. But his main area of concern right now is his spine. He needs
to see an orthopedist asap. The curvature is significant. It’s something that
someone in his past medical history should have addressed much sooner than
yesterday.
On the neurological front, things have improved. I called Zane’s neurologist about the medication side effects and my grumpy and lethargic little man. She pulled back on his Keppra dosage, which has reduced the irritability significantly, while the yawning and lethargy still remain very much in place. He is still not the old, happy-go-lucky Zane of the past, but hopefully he’s moving in that direction as he acclimates to the seizure medication increase. However, he’s not had a clinical seizure for over two weeks. So that’s very good news. And…he’s completely weaned from the second medication.
Even in the midst of all this busy-ness, Zane and I spent
149 minutes at the pediatrician’s office yesterday.
21 minutes in the waiting area
36 minutes in the exam room (blood pressure, then more
waiting)
92 minutes with the doctor
On the neurological front, things have improved. I called Zane’s neurologist about the medication side effects and my grumpy and lethargic little man. She pulled back on his Keppra dosage, which has reduced the irritability significantly, while the yawning and lethargy still remain very much in place. He is still not the old, happy-go-lucky Zane of the past, but hopefully he’s moving in that direction as he acclimates to the seizure medication increase. However, he’s not had a clinical seizure for over two weeks. So that’s very good news. And…he’s completely weaned from the second medication.
So, overall, things are good. Busy (at times, hectic), but
good.
I'm SO happy to hear you got the job! Good for you!
ReplyDeleteSitting here smiling at my computer - people must think I am crazy !!! - wonderful news !!
ReplyDelete