“Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home.”

♥♥♥

♥♥♥

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Happy 9th Birthday, Zane


It's been an eventful year for Zane, and I promise to update on the many things that have happened since my last posting in April of this year.

But today I want to wish my beautiful boy a happy 9th birthday. He has been through so much since December 22nd of 2006. He spent his very first day of life in an incubator in the NICU. I took one glimpse of him before nurses whisked him away. Then I didn't get to see or hold him for the rest of the day.

And while it is not always easy (and is often a whole lot of work), Zane has brought us so much joy and happiness. He can light up a room--light up a person--with his smile. He is an amazing son, brother, grandson, friend, student, and hospital patient. He touches so many lives by simply being here on this earth. He certainly touches mine. He has changed me for the better, showing me the path to greater compassion for others, teaching me how to appreciate life and what I have.

Happy Birthday to my baby. Because no matter how old you are, Zane, you will always be my baby.

Love you,
Mom


1 comment:

  1. Susan, Zane has truly given your family and so many others the greatest of gifts! Like you mentioned, teaching us all to appreciate life and all it's beauty and to have compassion for everyone. Love to you on his birthday! Jean

    ReplyDelete


Followers

About Me

My photo
Susan is a YA and Adult contemporary novelist, as well as an advocate for social change. Her essays have been published both nationally and regionally, including a brief stint in The Daily Beast. She lives in the Southwest with her family.