“Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home.”

♥♥♥

♥♥♥

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sleep Is for Pansies!

It was a rough one last night. Justin collected some germs (unintentionally, of course) from school and shared them with the rest of the family. Justin and Zane are further along the road to recovery than Jeff and I are. Though, they are still experiencing some slight symptoms.

I think being out in the rain on Sunday in Telluride was a bad idea. I was up all night coughing; I doubt that I had more than three hours of sleep. At one point, my cough seemed under control, and I dozed off. That was the very moment that Zane chose to wail…for a long time. After Jeff cleared out his nose and gave him some Motrin—we think he’s cutting molars—Zane went back to sleep. I did not. Fortunately, I have a sweet husband who offered to take the day off to care for Zane and to take Justin to acting and soccer later today. I let him take Justin to school, but will find a way to rest this morning so that Jeff doesn’t have to use a personal day.

So, in honor of my friend, Sandy (wonderful mom to Ryan and Drew), I've entitled this entry: “Sleep is for pansies!” A good reminder for today! Thanks, Sandy!

1 comment:


Followers

About Me

My photo
Susan is a YA and Adult contemporary novelist, as well as an advocate for social change. Her essays have been published both nationally and regionally, including a brief stint in The Daily Beast. She lives in the Southwest with her family.