“Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home.”

♥♥♥

♥♥♥

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Skiing



This week, Zane skied with Adaptive Sports at Durango Mountain Resort for the first time. It was very exciting, and he loved it! Two instructors assisted him onto the chair lift and down the hill. They had planned to start on the learner’s hill (bunny hill), but decided to take him all the way to the top of the mountain because he seemed content in his bi-ski. It was so great because, for the first time, the four of us were able to ski as a family. While Jeff and I could not hear Zane due to the wind, we were told by his instructor that he was cooing, singing, and laughing. We will definitely take him again.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Zane, you look like you had a blast!!! I'm soooo excited and happy for your first skiing adventure. Glad that mom, dad and Justin got to share it with you too. Love you guys!!!

    Vicky Lail

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a sense of freedom reading your post. It must have been such an exhilarating experience for Zane.

    ReplyDelete


Followers

About Me

My photo
Susan is a YA and Adult contemporary novelist, as well as an advocate for social change. Her essays have been published both nationally and regionally, including a brief stint in The Daily Beast. She lives in the Southwest with her family.