Zane cannot seem to get well. We abandoned our campsite in Ridgway one day early because Zane awoke with a fever. We had no way to register the actual temperature (as I left the thermometer at home) and no drugs like acetaminophen or ibuprofen to give to him (as I used the last of a bottle on his pain relief the night before). It didn’t help matters that I was up a big part of Saturday night sick to my stomach. Not a fun thing to happen while camping.
When we arrived back in town, we made the requisite stop at Wal-Mart for drugs and Pedialyte, then gauged his temperature at home: 102.9. Of course, these things tend to happen on Friday nights, weekends in general, or on extended holiday weekends when the doctor’s office is closed. We have managed to keep his temperature under control, but he cannot altogether shake it. Of course, this makes me wonder if he has yet another UTI or if he is simply suffering from the same virus-type stuff I did (although, I didn’t have a fever).
So if the temp stays up overnight and into tomorrow, it looks like we’ll be making a trip to the pediatrician’s office for a lovely catheterization and urine culture. Another UTI would only mean one thing: in-patient surgery to fix his kidney reflux issue once and for all. *Sigh*
Christmas 2025
8 months ago
Dear Susan,
ReplyDeleteI'm really sad to hear that Zane has been so sick. I hope that his fever drops and he starts feeling better soon. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.
cindy
You are so right these things seem to always happen on a Friday or weekend or at night! Hang in there it's really tough I know when the sicklies outstay their welcome!
ReplyDelete