“Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home.”

♥♥♥

♥♥♥

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Four Days of Unhappiness

We thought Zane was on the mend. He had a day or so of happiness. But since Thursday, he has been crying day and night, and we cannot figure out what is wrong. Initially, we thought he may have experienced residual cramping from the stomach bug. Now we’re not so sure. For four days now, he has been extremely unhappy. Some pain medication has helped in short bursts, but we still do not know what is causing his discomfort. This is so unlike him. Typically, he is a very smiley and happy child.

Usually I am not one to wish time away (especially on my birthday weekend), but I will be glad when 8:30 AM rolls around tomorrow morning, so I can call the pediatrician and allay my worries (fingers crossed). I considered calling her answering service, but do not have anything specific to describe to her other than nonstop fussiness.

Keep Zane in your thoughts and prayers, please.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, honey, I'm so sorry Zane is suffering. I remember this with Julia and it is just torture for the parents (and probably for Justin, as well). I just wish he could verbalize or sign what's wrong to you. I'm sending healing thoughts. Love you guys, hugs to Zane and Justin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan,
    Sorry to hear that Zane is so unhappy. I hope you can get to the bottom of things soon. It is not very much fun to have a grumpy kid on your birthday. Let us know what you find out tomorrow.

    HOlly

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayers are with you. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear that Zane is in such discomfort. Sending all my best thoughts for you all. I'll look for an update after you get to see the doc. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Susan,
    So sorry to hear the Zane is experiencing such misery. It must be heart-wrenching to not know what to do to soothe him. My prayers go out to Zane for a speedy recovery, and to you for all you have been through.

    Love,
    Aunt Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry that Zane is still feeling icky! Praying that he's back to his old self soon. And I'm so sorry to hear of your family's loss. Thinking good healing thoughts for all of you.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete


Followers

About Me

My photo
Susan is a YA and Adult contemporary novelist, as well as an advocate for social change. Her essays have been published both nationally and regionally, including a brief stint in The Daily Beast. She lives in the Southwest with her family.