“Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home.”

♥♥♥

♥♥♥

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Tooth Fairy


Yesterday Zane lost his first tooth. We knew it was coming. After all, he’s nearly 5 1/2. But also his dentist cautioned me about watching his bottom teeth since the gum line is receding. The problem is—there is no tooth to be found. No tooth to put under the pillow at night. We figure he must have swallowed it. Only Zane and the Tooth Fairy know what happened, and neither one of them is telling.

On a side note, Zane graduates from preschool tonight. Bet you didn’t know they have preschool graduation, did you? Actually, it’s a short musical program followed by the passing out of certificates and a BBQ. I’m taking the camera, of course.

Have a wonderful day!

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Two milestones in two days! Way to go, Zane!
    We never found Morgan's first tooth either, figured he swallowed it. He got a video from the tooth fairy. His cousins weren't happy because they were told the tooth fairy doesn't bring gifts. Hope the tooth fairy is good to you, Zane!

    Pre-school graduation sounds like fun. It's off to kindergarten next year, a new journey! Have a good time at the barbecue. I look forward to pictures.

    love,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time celebrating Zane's preschool graduation! So proud of him and you! Looking forward to the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful time at Zane's graduation! So proud of him and you! Excited he lost his first tooth...hope the tooth fairy is good to him :) Looking forward to the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a happy occassion! I know how happy and proud you must feel to see Zane completing this milestone! HIGH FIVES AND KISSES FOR ZANE FROM ME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to hear Zane is doing so well. I just love looking at his precious smile and seeing how happy he his.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh preschool graduations are the best--congrats to zane!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to Zane.
    I think I know what happened, the tooth fairy picked up the tooth but forgot to leave the money. I think an audit is called for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that, Anthony. In fact, the tooth fairy did leave something for Zane anyway. Our seven-year-old then asked, "How did the tooth fairy know to come? Did you leave a note?"

      Delete
  8. Congrats on the lost tooth. He is an adorable child. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete


Followers

About Me

My photo
Susan is a YA and Adult contemporary novelist, as well as an advocate for social change. Her essays have been published both nationally and regionally, including a brief stint in The Daily Beast. She lives in the Southwest with her family.