A part of me is dreading the trip next week to Denver . Aside from the
anxiety stirring over the surgery, there are other things. Zane and I are going
by ourselves, which we’ve done before. It is not easy. The driving part is
fine. It’s once we get there. It is just me as responsible party. And I have to
lug everything inside the hotel or the Ronald McDonald House while keeping Zane
with me: the suitcases, the medical supplies, the Tumbleform chair—all while
pushing/pulling Zane along, too. We must make ten trips between the car and the room. Needless to say, a lot gets dropped. If we
stay at the Ronald McDonald House, I have to do grocery shopping. Have you ever
tried pushing a cart and a wheelchair at the same time? It’s not easy. But that
will be us, running into ankles and smashing toes; receiving stares and
sympathetic smiles. I know it sounds like I’m complaining. I’m not. Over the
past five and half years, I’ve grown used to all that comes with having a child with significant medical needs. I just needed a
place to put my waxing anxiety. This seemed like a good place. On a positive note: we're going when the passes are clear and the weather is manageable; I'll have some special time with just Zane, have a little time to work. Maybe we'll even go to the zoo if we can find our way there. Though, I’ll be glad
when August arrives and we’re back home. *Fingers and toes crossed for an easy
and uncomplicated pre-, post-, and during surgery.*
Christmas 2025
8 months ago
You know I'll be keeping you both close in heart, thoughts and prayers. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Betty. I appreciate it so much.
DeleteSusan, I understand what you're staying about the anxiety. Sending love and prayers your way, for an uneventful trip and hospital stay.
ReplyDeleteSusan,
ReplyDeleteYou always have so much on you plate, but you manage to get everything done and more. Our prayers and good wishes for a save and successful trip to Denver. "Nobody does it better..." Love & Hugs to all ya'll:) Cheryl
I'm glad you shared here as I will send additional positive energy to those details as well! I wish I could be there to just help with those things...I'd still let you do all e lugging while I loved on Zane awhile. Many hugs. You are always in my heart and I'll be even more in my thoughts during the trip, surgery and recovery. Love you much!
ReplyDeleteMelissa
Sorry for typos...iPad wont let me correct what I typed for some reason!
Susan, it can't be easy to navigate your day-to-day and it makes sense you'd have more anxiety on your own. You and Zane will be in my thoughts.
ReplyDeletePrayers to you during surgery and the stay in Denver. I'm relatively close (South of Denver) if you need anything. I'm not a fan of the Denver traffic. Hope you can make it to the zoo or just have an uneventful trip to the grocery store.
ReplyDeleteSusan,
ReplyDeleteI could never do it and go crazy...that's why lots of us moms have live in help in Asia! It's a huge undertaking, supermom!