“Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home.”

♥♥♥

♥♥♥

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Life on the Slopes

There are only two weeks left of skiing with Adaptive Sports for Zane. It's been an incredible adventure for him and his love of speed and motion. It's also been an amazing experience for me, as well. Zane has really connected with his current ski instructor. The love that I see between the two of them cannot be captured in words (I know...can't capture it in words? What does that say about me as a writer? Not much, I guess). But it's awesome to see others connect with Zane and get him like I do.

I do know that I was almost invisible to Zane this past Monday. He was all about skiing with the guys, saving his smiles and laughs for them. And that's perfectly fine. I mean, what independent-minded six-year-old boy wants to hang out with him mom all the time anyway? I'm sure there are many, but Zane is not one of them.

Here are a few photos from this past week's outing.

Um...yes, he's sleeping
 
He came down the mountain flapping his arms (always a good sign)
 
Keeping his sweet face warm
 
 
Thanks to everyone who generously donated money, purchased my books through the month of February, and bought Rocky Mountain chocolates. All of this money goes to fund adaptive skiing for Zane's class. You all rock!
 

1 comment:


Followers

About Me

My photo
Susan is a YA and Adult contemporary novelist, as well as an advocate for social change. Her essays have been published both nationally and regionally, including a brief stint in The Daily Beast. She lives in the Southwest with her family.