“Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home.”

♥♥♥

♥♥♥

Saturday, January 25, 2014

TGI...S?

Yes, thank goodness it's Saturday. 

After four days of major stress, I finally have a satisfactory amount of resolution with Zane’s insurance. Without going into the boring details, his insurance has changed in regard to specific areas of his care. Namely, ENT and audiology services, but remains unaffected in other speciality areas (of which there are at least ten more). Now this could change in the future. But I have done everything I can at this point to find a loophole so Zane can continue to see his existing specialists in their offices. That said, I have to give a huge shout-out to my friend Janine for reaching out, listening to me vent, and for helping me work through my questions and concerns so that I went into my final phone conversations with a clear head.

So today was the first day since Monday where I was able to relax and enjoy life again. That may sound drama-queenish, but I truly did not do much outside of work and insurance-related issues Tuesday afternoon through yesterday afternoon. I lost a lot of sleep, my writing muse fled the scene (abandoning me with some wonderful projects I’ve been working on), Zane didn’t get much personal attention, and my stomach hurt.

It’s been a beautiful day, so I sprayed the boys with sunscreen; we put on our helmets and headed out for (I’m guessing) an eight-mile, round-trip bike ride. We have a really neat set up. Of course, J rides on his own. But Zane has a trailer attached to my bicycle called a Weehoo. The thing is awesome. It allows him to pedal if he wants to (and he did a little pedaling today, which was so cool). Plus, it isn’t the traditional, enclosed trailer. He’s out in the open, seeing the sights, breathing the fresh air, and getting some vitamin D. We had a great time. J accidently hit the back of Zane’s tire, lost control, and flew over his bicycle handles. A man riding by told me J must be made of steel (maybe he’s really Superman) because he stood up, unscathed.

So I’m hoping this means things will calm down and normalize again. And—perhaps—we’ll even have some good things happen for a change. That would be as refreshing as the bike ride.


Thanks to all of you who reached out to me this week. You know who you are, and I appreciate you so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers

About Me

My photo
Susan is a YA and Adult contemporary novelist, as well as an advocate for social change. Her essays have been published both nationally and regionally, including a brief stint in The Daily Beast. She lives in the Southwest with her family.