Tomorrow we leave for Denver
to admit Zane into the hospital through the ER. While he has a happy moment or
two once and awhile throughout the day, he is mostly miserable.
I’ve been in contact with his GI doctor about the
possibility of the gastrostomy tube being the source of the problem. It’s
certainly something they’ll investigate. Back in September—when he and I last visited
Denver—I contacted the GI doctor’s nurse to see if they would see him in the
office to measure whether he has the right sized button or not. She never
called me back. I've been informed that she no longer works there. Thank goodness J
Though the fellow told me it is highly unlikely the g-tube button size is the cause of his pain,
my intuition tells me it might be part of the problem. We’ll see. Everything
seemed to begin with the UTI three weeks or so ago. So it may be
urology-related instead.
We’re not sure how long we’ll be up there. But hopefully
they will be able to get to the bottom of what’s ailing Zane and find a
solution.
Although I am sorry you have to make this trip, I'm glad Zane will be getting some help to figure out what is troubling him. Have a safe trip and keepus updated as you can. xxxx
ReplyDeleteHave a safe trip. My thoughts are with you.
ReplyDelete