We thought Zane had finally recovered from whatever was
bothering him. He had a day and a half of happiness, and now it is gone. Once
again, I took him back to the pediatrician’s office. He needed a follow-up for
his UTI anyway. I took both Zane and his brother (who was having separate
symptoms) out of school to make yet another visit to the doctor. Zane was in
complete agony during the start of the appointment. They needed a urine sample,
and he wasn’t cooperating. So over the course of two hours (yes, we were there
for two hours), I pumped 16 ounces of formula and water into him. He did not
pee. At all. But he was happy! So happy. So the doctor determined that he was
most definitely dehydrated. This has happened with him before. These same
symptoms warranted a trip to the ER in the past where they declared dehydration
as the culprit.
However, today he is fully hydrated and yet completely
miserable. I’ve noticed a runny nose, but nothing else. He’s still on all his
respiratory meds, as well. I’ve given him pain meds in case he’s suffering from
a headache. But nothing helps. Another mom, whom I adore, suggested I ask for
some additional tests for Zane (I won’t go into details right now). I was so
scattered yesterday that I forgot to make the request. So tomorrow I’m going to
call the doctor and find out where we go from here.
We have never seen Zane this upset for so long. He is
usually a very happy and smiley child. But clearly something is wrong.
Unfortunately, we think we may have to take him to Denver , admit him to the hospital there, and
have them run a series of tests on Zane to get to the bottom of his troubles. I
mean, how long do you wait to see if something resolves itself? I don’t know.
If you can, please say prayers and keep good thoughts for
our little guy. We’re a bit worried.
Oh poor little Zane. I will definitely keep him in my prayers! Hope you get some answers soon.
ReplyDeletePrayers going up!
ReplyDeletePrayers, Reiki, love, strength, peace and healing headed your way!
ReplyDeleteAwww, poor little guy. Prayers your way susan! Hope he feels better soon
ReplyDeleteI am sorry Zane is going through so much. Am praying for him Susan.
ReplyDeletePain resolving itself - I wait as long as I can and then they say why did you wait so long. I hate those ailments where they say "we don't know the origin of this". Could br psoriasis or eczema or dry cough and you don't know how you got it.
But anyway, prayers and hope for Zane.