We are home! We’ve been home since Tuesday. However, I feel
so depleted from the past month or so (in fact, from the entire year) that I
needed some down time. Still do. But since so many of you follow Zane and worry
about his well-being, I knew I needed to post an update.
First, may I say, the experts at Children’s are awesome! And
Zane’s GI doc is one of the nicest physicians I have ever met!! The medical
professionals there pulled everything together for us and explained what had
been going on with Zane for the past three weeks. The bottom line is that Zane
caught a virus that spiraled out of control, causing his UTI and all sorts of
misery and discomfort. Unfortunately, his pediatrician had some of the separate
parts of what he needed, but never came up with an answer or complete fix for his
troubles. We’re glad we went to Denver .
Not only did they tell us what had been going on with Zane, but they gave us a
plan to help him now and if this ever happens again. They checked his
gastrostomy tube for fit and removed some of his granulation tissue with silver
nitrate. Plus, his nurses were phenomenal. I am so grateful to them all for
helping out our little guy.
It wasn’t a whole lot of fun sleeping on the hospital couch
in his room. But I learned my lesson not to leave him alone during hospital
stays (i.e., his 2007 stay at Phoenix Children’s).
Anyway, Zane now has a new dietary and medicinal plan in
place, and he is back to his happy self. He returned to school yesterday, and
many of his classmates were happy to have him back. In fact one little girl who
sat next to him in circle held his hand. It was absolutely precious. We’re
thrilled to have the old Zane back.
Thanks to all of you for the positive thoughts and prayers.
Oh, what a wonderful update. That is so sweet that a little girl held his hand! I'm so happy you have your happy little guy back!!! You made my day!
ReplyDeleteoh i am so happy to hear you are home and things are going well--so sweet about the little girl with zane <3
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely brilliant news!! I am soooo glad! Hope you are able to recharge your own body and spirit in the coming days!
ReplyDeleteSusan,
ReplyDeleteI am so happy to hear that the Drs. had answers - at last! I'm praying that your world turns around BEFORE 2013 and life gets better for you all!
Love & Hugs,
Cheryl
Welcome home Zane!! Glad to hear he is feeling better! Love you guys! Sam S.
ReplyDeleteSo happy to hear you were able to get Zane's problem solved, and that he is happy again. Please take care of yourself, too. Love you,
ReplyDeleteAunt Judy.
So happy to hear Zane's problem is solved and that he is happy again! I hope you take time to care for yourself, too. Love you,
ReplyDeleteAunt Judy
Yay!!!!! So happy for this good news.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy Zane is feeling better! YAY! Go, little man!
ReplyDeleteSo glad he's feeling better! Now, Get some sleep!
ReplyDeletePraise the Lord, I'm vry happy now.
ReplyDeleteVery happy to finally get an update on Zane. I so get you on "depleted". Hope the breather for you starts from here on.
ReplyDelete