“Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home.”

♥♥♥

♥♥♥

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Endoscopy


In addition to the surgery for his ptosis later this month, Zane also has to undergo an endoscopy. For about a week, the additional fluids from the Pedialyte seemed to significantly reduce his retching. Unfortunately, it has returned. I thought—perhaps—the pediatrician would tweak some additional things with him: medications, lengthening his feeding times, etc. But she’s decided to go right to the endoscopy. Zane’s regular gastroenterologist does not practice out of Children’s Hospital, so he has to see a new doctor this time around. Zane will have a consult the day before the surgery and anesthesia, then have the endoscopy at the same time. He and I will be in Denver for over a week. Not sure what we’re going to do in between the surgery and the follow-up appointment a week later, but we’ll figure it out.

As always, good thoughts and prayers are thoroughly appreciated for Zane.

9 comments:

  1. All my best to Zane, that sweetie. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All my love and good wishes go with you to Denver. I can't wait to see Zane when you get back. I sure hope the endoscopy helps with the retching.

    Liz vonTauffkirchen

    ReplyDelete
  3. wishing you all the best and keeping you and Zane safely in our prayers

    ReplyDelete
  4. You all remain in our prayers. If i can help, let me know. There is a site called http://denverbargains.com/ (We have a similar one in our town). Perhaps you can scout out some free or cheap activities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh you will all surely be in our my prayers<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zane is in our prayers. Best wishes to you and him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh! thank you for choosing life! I love his smiling picture! I will pray for Zane and your whole family...good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would not say I chose life as much as this life chose me.
    Thank you so much for your kind words about Zane. I am so grateful to have him in my life.

    ReplyDelete


Followers

About Me

My photo
Susan is a YA and Adult contemporary novelist, as well as an advocate for social change. Her essays have been published both nationally and regionally, including a brief stint in The Daily Beast. She lives in the Southwest with her family.