“Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home.”

♥♥♥

♥♥♥

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Zeizures

I had planned to post video of Zane, but things have been pretty erratic with what Justin and I have dubbed Zeizures (Zane seizures).

After almost-weekly changes to his medications, things have not improved. At times, the Zeizures seem less extreme; at others more dramatic. Justin and I witnessed one of Zane’s worst seizures to date a couple of nights ago.

I talked to one of my friends who has epilepsy, describing to her what I had observed with Zane: upset, rapid breathing, and (at times) terror on his sweet face. She thinks that Zane most likely feels the seizures coming on now and knows what’s going to happen, which causes panic to set in for him.

I called and left a message for neurology yesterday, but they didn’t call back (which is not typical of them). I hesitate to call again because they want to add a second medication to his regimen, and I am still so in the dark about seizures and the human brain. Will I lose my Zaner to medication side effects? Will he want to sleep all the time? Or will he be completely wakeful (like he was all of last night)? I don’t know what to expect, which makes me feel out of control. And I like control J


I am going to gauge Zane’s seizure activity today before calling again. It is probably me simply procrastinating, but you never know. Maybe the Zeizures will improve.

1 comment:

  1. my kids had them too, susan----it was a hit and miss game lots too--i totally sympathize with you---hang in there--they can usually come up with the right meds <3

    ReplyDelete


Followers

About Me

My photo
Susan is a YA and Adult contemporary novelist, as well as an advocate for social change. Her essays have been published both nationally and regionally, including a brief stint in The Daily Beast. She lives in the Southwest with her family.