“Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home.”

♥♥♥

♥♥♥

Monday, December 16, 2013

He's Going to Be Seven

In seven days, Zane will be seven. Wow! Seven.

In the beginning, we never thought we'd see this day--to have him here to celebrate his birthday with us.

Normally, I'd make a slideshow to commemorate the day. But I've been a little too busy for a project like that right now.

Instead, as a countdown, I've decided to post one picture a day. Today's photo is from his first year. Tomorrow his second, and so on and so on.

This photo was taken after Zane came "home" (many of you may remember we were traveling when Zane was born) from the NICU under hospice care. He was so very tiny. He wasn't too much bigger than the stuffed bear.

3 comments:


Followers

About Me

My photo
Susan is a YA and Adult contemporary novelist, as well as an advocate for social change. Her essays have been published both nationally and regionally, including a brief stint in The Daily Beast. She lives in the Southwest with her family.