“Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home.”

♥♥♥

♥♥♥

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Tooth Fairy

I knew it was coming—the loss of another tooth. He’s at that age, around 6 or 7, when the front baby teeth fall out. Zane already lost his bottom front teeth, but yesterday he lost one of the top ones. One moment it was there; the next it was gone. Like the others before it, it was nowhere to be found. Probably somewhere in his intestinal tract by now J 



Since the tooth fairy lost her status around here this year and was given the pink slip by older brother (much like Santa Claus), Zane won’t receive a pay out under his pillow. Perhaps I’ll get something a little more meaningful to him than money in exchange for his gummy grin.

Since the other front tooth lost its companion and anchor, I expect that one to come out soon, too. 
Have a smiley day!

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute photo! I hope you figure out the perfect treat for Zane. :)

    ReplyDelete


Followers

About Me

My photo
Susan is a YA and Adult contemporary novelist, as well as an advocate for social change. Her essays have been published both nationally and regionally, including a brief stint in The Daily Beast. She lives in the Southwest with her family.