Zane saw the pediatrician today. It was a loooonnng visit.
Two hours in the office. I reviewed all the possibilities with her:
- paper eating
- head banging
- dad being sick with strep
- urinary tract infection
Paper eating didn’t seem to be a medical issue this time around.
Head banging: she’s certainly not thrilled about this
happening again this year. But based on Zane’s flushed cheeks and demeanor, she
thought it looked more like an infection.
Ears and throat were clear. Initial strep findings:
negative.
Urine culture: positive. It appears Zane has a UTI despite
the fact that the October 2011 surgery was supposed to be 98-99% effective in
preventing further infections. Why can’t our family fall into the 1-2% category when it
comes to the good stuff?
Zane’s now on antibiotics (as is his dad). We’ll wait for
the final cultures to grow before consulting with the Denver urologist. Needless to say, I am
pretty upset. This may mean there are possibly two surgeries that were for
absolutely nothing.
Now I want to bang MY head on the gym floor.
Oh, I'm so sorry Susan! That is really a huge bummer. Make sure you wear a helmet when you bang your head...Zane needs you intact!
ReplyDelete{{{Susan}}}
ReplyDeletePush through, Susan, it's just a bump in the road. Okay, maybe a huge pothole. Sometimes it feels like you're hitting every. single. one.
Now that you have him on antibiotics hopefully Zane will be feeling better in no time. Oh, I really wish we lived closer so I could be of some help.
love ya,
Holly
I'm sorry, Susan. Sending good thoughts your way.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry! But i am glad you know what is wrong and he is getting treatment! I hope he will be back to himself very soon. I know how hard it must be to see him so unhappy! He will be smiling soon!
ReplyDeleteUgh, so frustrating. Wish it was better. Hope Zane is better fast! Love to you.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry. That's really frustrating. Hope Zane and Daddy feel better soon. Hang in there.
ReplyDelete:( Hugs to you and Zane and hope he is feeling better soon.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry you are having such a difficult time there, Susan. Hugs to you and Zane both, I hope he is feeling better soon. *hugs*
ReplyDeleteman---i can relate--so sorry susan--hope this is a better week for ya :)
ReplyDeleteAw. I hope that little Zane is alright now. Has there been any problem since your doctor’s visit? It would best to monitor her condition from time to time. I would suggest that you take note of the changes in her temperature, appearance, or any unusual activity that she is doing. It would be easy for the doctor to determine if there are any improvements, or if there is a need to change her treatment plan. And I do commend you for taking good care of your baby girl, Susan! You are such a wonderful mother!
ReplyDelete