“Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home.”

♥♥♥

♥♥♥

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Faux Pas


So while today did not result in tragedy or any trips to the ER, it was a little less than stellar. I think the stress of life is beginning to take its toll on me. There is oh-so-much going on. I am running a gamut of emotions these days. Life has not been easy for me. My consolation is that both the boys are doing well. That counts for everything.

Today was J’s first scrimmage game. I had written down 4:00 on my calendar; 4:00 was listed on the schedule. The game clearly was at 4:00. I fed the boys, got them both ready (not the easiest of feats since Zane travels with a whole host of supplies at times), and headed to Bayfield…at 5:40. I had my camera ready. I was going to take all sorts of pictures. We arrived just in time for J to bat one time, then shakes hands with the opposite team, and leave. He was disappointed. I was disappointed in myself (I simply do not do things like this). It is so not me.

Then to top it off, on the ride home, I almost hit a deer. Almost being the operative word. Fortunately.

Thank you to everyone who offered birthday wishes. I truly appreciate them. Now I’m off to stuff my face with cupcakes. But guilty me will probably do an extra workout in the morning to make up for tonight’s indulgence J

1 comment:

  1. Oh Susan ~~ Don't beat yourself up!! We all have moments like that. Remember, it's only been a couple of months since my carelessness let Morgan break his foot. My sister once totally forgot her son's band concert, he didn't remember either until it would have been over. It seems at times we mother's have too much on our minds to remember everything. All the jokes and funny posts on facebook aside, clearly some of us are not Supermom. We are only human.

    Hope those cupcakes were very good! Wish I would have been there to share. I would make sure there was no guilt about eating them! LOL

    Hugs to you,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete


Followers

About Me

My photo
Susan is a YA and Adult contemporary novelist, as well as an advocate for social change. Her essays have been published both nationally and regionally, including a brief stint in The Daily Beast. She lives in the Southwest with her family.