“Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home.”

♥♥♥

♥♥♥

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Swimming Rocks


I used to think Zane’s sport of choice was skiing. But not after today. He and his SLS class had an outing to the rec center to swim. I have always been the one to take Zane in the water, so I’ve never been able to fully gauge his reaction to swimming.  This time, I let his aide take him in the water while I stayed poolside to take photographs. I haven’t seen Zane so happy in a very long time. The boy is definitely a water bug—like his brother and his mom.

Here are some photos from today’s adventure. It was so fun!

Zane was up since 2:30 am, so he caught some zzzzs before the field trip.


We walked from the school to the rec center. Part of the walk was on the Animas River Trail.


There was pizza (not for Zane) and playground play (Zane went down the slides) before going to the pool. It was an overcast morning, so I left the hat and sunscreen at home. But the sun decided to make an appearance at lunch time, so I used an umbrella instead.


Zane was all smiles—the ENTIRE time!



He had such a busy day, and an early wake-up time this morning, so he took a cat nap in the rec center lobby.



Mary Jo—Zane’s aide—was so absolutely incredible with him. Because of her, Zane had a wonderful day of swimming. Thank you so much, Mary Jo!

3 comments:

  1. What a great day!! For all of you! So nice to see such a big smile on Zane's face! I like that he is wearing a "surfer" shirt too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Awesome Awesome !!! he is such and hansome little man !!! So glad he enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww thanks for sharing these wonderful pics--so peaceful!!

    ReplyDelete


Followers

About Me

My photo
Susan is a YA and Adult contemporary novelist, as well as an advocate for social change. Her essays have been published both nationally and regionally, including a brief stint in The Daily Beast. She lives in the Southwest with her family.