“Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home.”

♥♥♥

♥♥♥

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Baseball Part I


It is baseball season, indeed. The weather finally took a nice turn late this week. Justin and his fellow players had a skills day with the high school team last week when the temps were bitterly cold and the winds were quite wicked.

Today it was a beautiful 64 degrees. We ventured out to watch the Bayfield Wolverines play (the high school baseball team). Justin’s coach wanted the kids to watch their star pitcher who—rumor has it—is being scouted by the Majors.

Justin hung out with a friend, and Zane hung out with…me. He was a great sport about the whole thing, especially since I stood in front of him, blocking his view, to prevent him from getting beaned by a foul ball. He managed to steer clear of the balls; the cars in the parking lot were not so fortunate.

J gets to play his first scrimmage game this Wednesday in Bayfield. Then the game season starts on May 4th in Durango. I have signed up to be scorekeeper again, which will be a bit of a challenge while watching Zane. I may have to train someone as my backup. Though keeping score is a great way to focus on the game versus chatting it up with the other parents.

Here are a few photos from today:


Sitting in the outfield. We eventually moved closer to the batter. 

Trying not to be bored, especially with mom blocking his view. (The hood is on because I don't have the hardware to attach his canopy). 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers

About Me

My photo
Susan is a YA and Adult contemporary novelist, as well as an advocate for social change. Her essays have been published both nationally and regionally, including a brief stint in The Daily Beast. She lives in the Southwest with her family.