“Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home.”

♥♥♥

♥♥♥

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Social Butterfly


Despite some his recent medical issues, Zane has been a busy boy. Here’s what he’s been up to lately:

Durango Discovery Museum

Just hanging out

J did the most scientific exploring of the three of us: working with gears and solar panels, a little binary-code practice, and utilizing human energy to power lights. I built one pressure rocket that J tested. That’s it. Zane didn’t do anything science-y. He just hung out with me and watched the other kiddos.


Durango Rec Center: (no photos as I was in the water with Zane). He loved, loved, loved it! Splashing is definitely Zane's thing. Also, Zane met a new friend named Bailey. She and her mom were THE SWEETEST people! They kept coming around to check on Zane.

The Bowker Games (Special Track & Field Day)

Zane with his medals


The Z and me

This was held at a local middle school for athletes with special needs. Zane participated with the help of his big brother. Together, they won 2nd place in the 50m and a medal for the softball throw in spite blowing snow, wind, and bone-chilling temperatures. 

(I have many wonderful pictures of the boys together from this event. However, J put strict limitations on my use of photos with him in them. That is, I am under no circumstance allowed to post them to Facebook or put them on any of my blogs. I may be able to get him to loosen his restrictions for FB, though. But I’ll have to put my mom negotiating skills to use).  


No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers

About Me

My photo
Susan is a YA and Adult contemporary novelist, as well as an advocate for social change. Her essays have been published both nationally and regionally, including a brief stint in The Daily Beast. She lives in the Southwest with her family.