“Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home.”

♥♥♥

♥♥♥

Monday, April 23, 2012

Totally Awesome Kid


Technically, T should be for Trisomy 18. But I pretty much covered that in other posts. So today, the letter T is devoted to Totally awesome kid. Because that’s what Zane is!


6 comments:

  1. of course he is, all you have to do is look at him--adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a doll. What a cute picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is absolutely terrific...I enjoyed your staying present post as well. You know Susan, I think more so in your circumstances but it's a lesson we all need to learn-to stay present. So often we wonder what is ahead and how to 'fix' what is behind us that we forget this is really all we can control; TODAY!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally adorable, even without those "superhero" glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of Trisomy 18 but feel quite informed thanks to your blog. Thanks.

    Really good friends of ours who also happen to be godparents to our oldest have an amazing son who is down's syndrome. They were told just after he was born that he was "incompatible with life". Today he's a loving, lively and amazing 11 year old who lights up a room with his presence. His parent have fought for him every step of the way and he's just about to start secondary school mainstream. If ever anyone was incompatible with life it 's the moron Dr who made the pronouncement.

    Zane looks like he's more than compatible with life and I just know you're well blessed through his life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zane's face has such similarity with my daughter. They have the same eyebrows! Is that a trisomy 18 thing or does he take it after one of his parents? My daughter will be 2 years old next month and we heard pretty much the same things you did when Zane was born. She is an amazing girl, who is very good natured and very pleasant. I would really appreciate to hear some pointers from you on how you have handled some health & developmental issues with Zane. As you know, there is such limited information and sometimes the therapists, doctors and nurses don't have the information or statistics to offer more help. I also feel like my daughter is more capable than she is being given credit for, partly because not much is expected from a trisomy 18 child. Its a frustrating situation, and I don't know if you've experienced that as well.
    If you can, I'd really appreciate it, if you would be in touch with me.

    ReplyDelete


Followers

About Me

My photo
Susan is a YA and Adult contemporary novelist, as well as an advocate for social change. Her essays have been published both nationally and regionally, including a brief stint in The Daily Beast. She lives in the Southwest with her family.